Monday 14 May 2012

A bit of shopping at Borough Market and Harrods Food Hall London 2012 (B)

After lunch at Dishoom, we ventured over to Borough Market. It had been recommended to me on Twitter, and our waitress had also said it was good for a wander.

Unfortunately the place was absolutely heaving and on entering, we just felt as though we'd joined one huge queue. So we just had a bit of a wander and although I would have loved to have bought some produce, it was just too busy and I didn't want to be left carting stuff around with me. I'm still glad we made the trip though as we are now thinking that we might stay self catering next time so that we can take advantage of the markets.

Here's a few pictures of the produce on offer.

Wild Garlic
Cheese
Poultry

This we had to try!
British Veal from The Ginger Pig

Chillies!
Twitter had also recommended that I visit a couple of pubs in the area, including The Rake and Market Porter, but the area was swamped with people and we were keen to get out! Also, there were more queues to get into places, including a massive queue for Monmouth, which I now understand I should have joined just to sample their coffee.

At the opposite end of the scale, we also ventured in the Harrods Food Hall on the Sunday morning and here are a few more pictures.









CHEESE!!


PIES!


The largest (and most expensive) piece of ham I have ever seen!

Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment