Sunday 20 September 2015

A wander down Abbeydale Road

Day three of our 'staycation' saw us take a wander down Abbeydale Road. We've always loved this area of town (we used to live down there about 15 years ago) and the antique shops and Asian supermarkets can keep me entertained for hours!

Come lunch time we fancied something healthy and light so we eschewed our usual haunts on London Road and headed into Nether Edge. 

Homemade by Thelma's caught our attention and I'm rather pleased it did because the food was spot on. Fresh, light and packed with flavour.

Gav went for a Moroccan lamb quesadilla.  



And I had a cheese omelette with a couple of salads.



We then went to see our mates at Hop Hideout and have a couple of beers.




It's such a lovely little spot to enjoy a beer or two - the selection available is just brilliant and there's always something new for me to try.



Later that evening we treated ourselves to a meal at Peppercorn - which was as good as ever - but, as I didn't take any pictures, you'll just have to take my word for it...

2 comments:

  1. Like your blog. I set my own kitchen to practice some of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete